Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Short Form Improv Classes

Are you stuck in a long form rut? I'm lucky enough to do both short form and long form improv on a fairly regular basis. Before I moved here, I had only done short form. Then I only did long form for awhile. And slowly short form improv came back into my life and I remembered how much I liked it.

ComedySportz Classes are about to start - teachers are listed here.

Some people have created a feud between the two styles and to them I say- what's the big D? I think learning each style helps the other. You can create art all day long and twice on Sunday, but it's awesome to come up with a 185 joke that kills. I'd like to order a comedy sandwich with two sides- Art Salad and Joke Fries.

Not to mention the fact that if you want to get paid in this town, you better learn some short form games ;)

No comments: