Thursday, November 20, 2008

Deadlines

Two reasons for my lack one posts: one is that I haven't had many auditions and the second is that I am doing NaNoWriMo, a challenge to write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November. I don't want to jinx myself but I just passed 25,000. Yes, that's about five days behind, but I skipped a few days at the beginning of the month and have managed to get in about 2,500 words a day over the last week. If I can keep this up, I think I'm going to make it to 50k.

I know I always work better when faced with a deadline. Case in point and my segway into the audish portion of this post: I've heard that you should do agency mailings every 4-6 months, but I haven't kept that up this year. It's hard to sit down and essentially be your own assistant for a few hours but once you do it once it's easier to go back and update. Last year I mailed out packets on December 31st and I walked to two post offices during my lunch break because the first one had already closed and I was determined to have the postmark match the date in the letter. Hilarious... and crazy.

This year I'll try for a little earlier in the month.

No comments: