Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Crazy Diets, Crazy Cabs

New Year Resolutions: 2 Months Early. A double audish today and it turns out both were for diets. Wrigley is marketing gum as a way to get over cravings. Hmmm… should I eat this cookie, or chew fruity gum? The other spot was for a nutritional website.

The most interesting part of this audish was the ride there- my cab driver was absolutely ridiculous. First, he pulled over to mail something. What?!? You drive around all day… maybe you could do that when you don’t have a passenger. It looked like a parking ticket, and you have seven days to mail those. Second, he had no change… for a twenty. If I was throwing down hundos or even fifties it would be my fault. But I think cabs should have change for a twenty. He opened the door, stuck his head out, looked around the street, and sat there. I said, “What are you doing?” and he pointed to another cab. He only had three singles, and I was not about to pay 17$ for a 7$ ride that included a personal detour. So I had to wait for the other cab to arrive and give my cab driver change. I don’t want to be snobby but overall the whole thing was ridiculous.

Once I got into the booth they took my first read on both spots, so that was nice. :)

PS- happy election day!!

No comments: