Saturday, June 16, 2007

First Audition

My very first audish was of course in high school for the school play....not sure what play. I remember feeling okay about it and being excited to see the cast list posted. I thought I might be on it, even though I was a freshman. When they posted the list my name was not on it, and at the time I felt embarrassed and never auditioned for another play in all four years of high school. I did wheedle my way onto our auditorium's stage by entering the talent show my junior and senior year. My next audish would be 4 years later for the improv team at my college.

At the time, I had not yet learned the big sassy secret to audishing: have fun & then forget it. Read or talk to anyone about casting and you'll soon find out that there are so many things that go into choosing the right people that all you can do is have fun and try your best. Don't get discouraged and sit out for four years or even four days. I feel lucky and proud of my-teen-self that I still got it together and got to perform though colorguard, cheerleading, and convincing my friends to be in the talent show with me. Eventually all that other stuff got me back in audish mode and I ended up here in Chicago.

No comments: