Monday, July 27, 2009

Another Dialogue Audish

Another Dialogue Audish today, and it turns out I was reading with a guy that I worked with about a year ago on my first real vo job, a radio demo. In that spot he was my 20/21 yr old boyfriend and I was 19 and I didn't know how to fix my car. This time around, we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii and in our late '20s. Oh, how time flies!

Character Descriptions:
Woman: More of an actress. Can go from flirtatious in the beginning to disgruntled. Not gruff but assertive.
Man: Masculine and firm but not a baritone. Young husband.
AVO/legal: Male, masculine, deeper voice than male actor but not booming.

If you haven't guessed already, by the end of this :60 spot the wife is annoyed and threatens divorce. I love these character descriptions because they capture the essence of vague yet specific reasons why any one actor is chosen over another.

No comments: